While we're hanging in Port McNeill, I broke down and purchased a day's worth of BBX WiFi connection. It is an Internet service provider (BroadbandXpress) in many of the marinas in Washington and BC.
As it turns out, the laundromat has free WiFi connection but I'd have to walk a quarter mile with my computer. Perhaps after my 24 hours runs out I'll be more motivated to make the walk and save $11.
In any event, while I have the convenience of Internet on the boat, I'll post pictures.
Anacortes fuel dock and the pump register after we fueled (294 gallons, in case you can't read it).
Marcia on the fly bridge while we are motoring up Malaspina Strait towards Squirrel Cove.
A quiet morning in VonDonop Inlet.
A brand new luxury fishing resort on the west side of Yaculta Rapids.
Following a boat through Gillard Pass, just beyond Yaculta. We're about a half-hour ahead of the slack before the ebb. We're fighting a 2-3 knot flood current. At max ebb or flood you can have an 8 knot current with significant boils, eddies and whirlpools. The famous Seymour Narrows just north of Campbell River peaks at 16 knots. Even the big cruise ships have to time their passage through it.
Marcia's really excellent bread fresh from the toaster oven
No comments:
Post a Comment