Monday, June 18, 2007

June 18th - Laura Cove - A Rest Day

After the previous five very full days, we took a day off. The weather cooperated and was pretty nice although a breeze kept up most of the day.

Marcia baked a loaf of bread in the morning, the eighth of the trip. She has now started baking them in the propane oven so we don't have to run the generator while she is baking.

We then went for a paddle into Prideaux Haven via the protected channels that interconnect Laura Cove, Prideaux Haven and Melanie Cove. Afterwards, we had lunch featuring the fresh bread on the fly bridge.

In the late afternoon, I paddled to the end of Laura Cove and, with tips from other boaters, found the trail that connects Melanie and Laura Coves.

Since we started our trip back south, the weather has warmed and the crowds increased. There are six boats tonight in Laura Cove. I counted nine in Melanie Cove on my walk. I am sure Prideaux Haven has even more since it is bigger than either of the two coves.

Tomorrow we'll head south to Pender Harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment